Sony BRAVIA KDL46NX810 46-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D-Ready LED HDTV, Black

Sony BRAVIA KDL46NX810 46-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D-Ready LED HDTV, Black

Sony BRAVIA KDL46NX810 46-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D-Ready LED HDTV, Black

Price$1,998.13





Experience premium picture quality in a revolutionary, slim design with the Sony BRAVIA NX810 Series LCD HDTV with 3D. Enjoy incredible contrast and sharp, vibrant images with the Dynamic Edge LED backlight plus see smooth motion detail during fast-action scenes. Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to conveniently access photos, videos and music or instantly stream the widest variety of online entertainment. Add the Sony sync transmitter, active glasses and experience movies and video games in 3D like never before Full HD 1080p or convert 2D to 3D with a push of a button on your remote.



Customer Review

Almost perfect (edited review), December 27, 2010
By J. Walker

I have owned this tv for only about 1 week, but here are my early impressions:
I tried two different HDTVs before purchasing this one. Both were edge-lit LED and both exhibited some clouding and flashlighting (very bright screen in the corners). I took a chance on this Sony based on the quality of my past Sony products and comments/reviews from others. I have not been disappointed.

First off, I would like to praise Amazon for getting this TV to me quickly and in one piece. From the time I ordered it to plugging it in was less than 6 days! Pilot was the delivery company and I have nothing but nice things to say about them.
From the moment you take it out of the box you have to like the look of this tv. The front panel is all glass--no plastic bezel around the outside. It is a handsome tv. It is also quite heavy.

I installed it on the included base and it sits on a low bookcase. It does swivel and the base install instructions give some cryptic indication that it tilts 6 degrees. Not sure about that one and I didn't try to force it.

Right out of the box the picture is very good. Setup is easy and with some very simple picture adjustments you will be enjoying your tv.

I have windows that are directly behind me as I view the tv, but I was amazed that the glare is not overly-distracting. Yes, there is glare, but it does not diminish the view or picture quality. Your tolerance for such things may vary. I have blinds and a curtain I can draw for daytime viewing, and there is no problem at all there.
As a 3D tv, the verdict is still out. The Alice in Wonderland movie I received in the bundle with the tv does not play in my PS3, so I cannot make an evaluation of 3D movies. A couple of 3D games are available for the Playstation, and they look pretty good, particularly Wipeout HD. A very good 3D experience. I don't know much about 3D picture quality (cross-talk, ghosting, etc.), but it looks pretty cool to me.

You can simulate 3D, but it really is a poor substitute and doesn't enhance the viewing much. This is the part of 3D that is pure novelty.

I honestly don't care much about the 3D aspect, as this will take some time to develop. There is so little 3D content out there, it is not worth upgrading to 3D if you are happy with your current TV. I purchased this tv because it is probably the best 2D set at this price range.

The problem I had with other LEDs was the edge-lit technology. The brightness was inconsistent. This Sony uses a "Dynamic" edge LED backlight. This is Sony-speak indicating that it provides more precise control of the LED. There is no clouding or flashlighting or other inconsistent bright spots in the picture. The blacks are very dark and the bright scenes are vivid, but not overly bright or saturated in color.

The Motionflow 240Hz technology refers to the refresh rate of the screen. It is an improvement over 60Hz found on earlier LCDs, but most people probably could not tell the difference between 240Hz and 120Hz (found on most newer LED/LCD). I wouldn't buy this tv just because of 240Hz, but it certainly enhances the total viewing experience.

Once you activate the tv via Sony, you can use the Internet video and audio functions. There are dozens of video applications from Netflix, YouTube, Amazon on Demand, and Hulu+, to epicurious.com, crackle.com, and other similarly obscure video sites. They are good time wasters and work very well. I stream Netflix and Pandora and have had no troubles at all. I have it hard-wired for internet (I have an unreliable router), but I tested the built-in wireless-N wifi, and there were no problems.

Additionally there are plenty of energy-saving features included (LED tvs are more energy-efficient anyway). Of course, the most energy-saving thing you can do is to unplug it and read a book.

The Bravia snyc is great. I have a Sony AV and one remote will operate them both. You can run all your peripherals to the Amp and need just one HDMI to the TV. Of course, your setup will be different. I have an older PS3 that the remote will not operate, but I have heard that the new PS3 slims can take advantage of the Bravia sync (as well as bluray, cd, etc.)

**EDIT** the new "slim" PS3 does use Bravia snyc, and you can use the TV remote to operate the bluray!**

Negatives:
The Internet widgets (not to be confused with the apps) are slow and pointless. Maybe the will improve on that in the future.

You have to buy the 3D transmitter separately. I don't know why they couldn't build it into the tv. Yes, the glasses are expensive, but to have to buy the transmitter too, is an insult. Just make sure you get a bundle deal to save some $$.
The only other negative--and what keeps this tv from getting a perfect 5 stars--is the horrible speakers. I have heard better sounding transistor radios. I have fiddled with the settings over and over, and I still cannot get a decent sound out of this tv. I have it connected to a Sony home theatre, but don't like power it on just for tv (kind of an energy waste, I think), but sometimes it's necessary.

A very long review, but to sum up:
Excellent (2D) picture, convenient Internet apps, included wireless-N wifi, and eye-catching styling. No early warning flags regarding 3D picture quality. Horrible audio. Overall I give it 9 out of 10.
**UPDATE**
I got the Alice movie to work in my PS3, so I had the opportunity to watch in 3D. The effect is very nice. With this particular movie 3D made it better. Any movie that uses a lot of CGI will benefit from 3D. When watching 3D, the screen gets a little darker, so you may have to adjust your picture options to compensate. I did not find it to be a problem as we watched in a dark room. The glasses are a little heavy and became a bit painful on my nose after about an hour. A small piece of foam (like a thick moleskin type product) on the nosepads will reduce the pain. Also, you cannot lie down or even lean slightly askew while watching, as this will negate most, if not all, of the 3D effect. Sit up straight young man! No slouching!
Make no mistake, the 3D is still a novelty at this stage, but having a quality 3D feature on one of the best-looking 2D tvs I have seen is an added bonus. I highly recommend this TV. I have bumped the star rating to 5 out of 5 (from 4/5) because the 3D element makes up for the poor sound.
9.5 out of 10!

More detail @ Sony BRAVIA KDL46NX810 46-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D-Ready LED HDTV, Black

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2011 Ipoood Studio | Blogger Templates for Over 50 Chat | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates Sponsors: Short People Club, Michigan Mechanical Engineer Jobs, California Dietitian Jobs